The Cannon Cast Episode 6: April 2, 2019
Where did these Blue Jackets come from? And how do they keep it going?
It’s time for the sixth episode of The Cannon Cast, the Columbus Blue Jackets podcast from The Cannon! The Blue Jackets have won five in a row, catapulting them from playoff outsider to clubhouse leader for the first wild card spot. This is the team we thought we’d see at the trade deadline!
In this episode, we talk about:
- How are they winning these games so dominantly?
- Seriously, how are they doing it?
- How good has the defense been?
- What’s the ideal defense for the playoffs?
- Is there anything that worries us about the CBJ?
- Who’s afraid of Washington?
- Does this run (or a possible playoff run) change anything for Artemi Panarin or Sergei Bobrovsky?
- What will it take to clinch or get the first wild card?
- What defenseman has really surprised us?
- What does Bill Davidge mean to the CBJ?/
...plus a lot more.
Our theme music is the song “Green Eyes,” by Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons off of their album “Homemade Vision.” They’re a Columbus band who recently announced their upcoming album will be called 4:30, so go check them out at angelaperley.com. They’re playing at the Union in Athens this Friday, which promises to be a ridiculously good show.
We’ve joined the SB Nation platform! We’re very excited and thanks to everyone at the mothership for getting us set up. We’re not on Soundcloud anymore (sorry), but we’re still on iTunes and Google Play, so check us out on iTunes here or search “The Cannon Cast” on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a review and a rating! We welcome your thoughts and feedback in the comments, and let us know if you have questions you want us to answer (that will still be relevant next week). You can listen to this week’s below or download using the “Share” button in the embedded player.