Washington at Columbus: Quick Takes
Overtime in Columbus!
A point by point breakdown of thoughts I had going through this game:
- Scott Harrington finally gets to make his season debut. Good for him!
- Prout was a late scratch, and Harrington got the call 15 minutes before faceoff. He played pretty well, all things considered.
- The first period was sooooooooooooooo bad. And so slow. There were 11 combined shots. Let’s just forget that happened.
- David Savard and Ryan Murray - uh, hey, should we put you guys on milk cartons, or....?
- What on earth was Savard doing on Backstrom’s goal?
- Brandon Saad drew a penalty, and that was his only highlight tonight.
- ZACH WERENSKI<3
- Seriously. He is so good. Someone sign him to a lifetime deal for infinity dollars. Make it happen Jarmo. I’ll renew season tickets tomorrow.
- Solid video challenge to overturn the Oshie goal. He was clearly offside.
- The PK was solid tonight. That was nice. The latter two power plays were as well. The first was as forgettable as high school.
- The third period, Columbus had 28 shot attempts to Washington’s 11. That was nice.
- ...holy hell, they pulled it off.
- Man, winning is fun.
- Credit to Torts - the teams of yesteryear fold tonight. That was a gutty effort./