Today in the "A": MacIntyre Suspended
Steve MacIntyre of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins was suspended by the AHL for 4 games today, based on his deplorable actions against Paul Dainton and the Springfield Falcons on Sunday afternoon at the MassMutual Center in Springfield. Despite MacIntyre's antics, the Falcons were unable to cash in on an eight minute power play, eventually dropping a 4-3 shootout decision to the Penguins. The suspension announcement from TheAHL.com:
The American Hockey League today announced that Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins forward Steve MacIntyre has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of his actions in a game at Springfield on Mar. 11.
MacIntyre will miss Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s games Wednesday (Mar. 14) at Norfolk, Saturday (Mar. 17) vs. Worcester, Sunday (Mar. 18) vs. Binghamton and Mar. 23 vs. Adirondack.
Meanwhile, the teams fighting for eighth place in the Eastern Conference are idle tonight. Here are the teams in the battle to make the playoffs in the East:
7. Manchester 65 points, 13 games remaining
8. Albany 64 points, 15 games remaining
9. Worcester 63 points, 16 games remaining
10. Adirondack 63 points, 15 games remaining
11. Portland 62 points, 15 games remaining
12. Springfield 62 points, 14 games remaining
13. Providence 61 points, 13 games remaining
14. Syracuse 60 points, 15 games remaining
The regular season concludes on Sunday April 15th.