The Blue Jackets Roundtable Podcast - Episode XII
We continue our series of meeting our new division-mates. Up this week? Philadelphia!
It's time for a new episode of the Blue Jackets Roundtable, and time to continue our series for the off-season! The Jackets are moving to the Eastern Conference, and as such as going to be in a new division with some teams that we didn't often see during the course of regular season play. So, we're doing a series of podcasts with bloggers from our friends at the various SBN blogs of our new division mates.
This week's podcast is about the Philadelphia Flyers, and the SBN blog Broad Street Hockey. Manager Travis Hughes joined Dan for a chat about the Flyers heading into next season. Highlights include:
- Sergei Bobrovsky, Steve Mason, and the waving of a possible Vezina trophy repeated in front of the Flyers' faces
- Ilya Bryzgalov, contract buyouts, and the pants-crapping potential of Steve Mason: Flyers' Starter
- Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, silly trades, and the Dry Island
- Jakub Voracek, Sean Couturier, Ryan Johansen, and the future of some young players
- The Shea Weber basket, and all the Flyers' eggs last summer
- How much we don't like Pittsburgh fans
- How much the Philly fanbase likes to be angry and grumbly, and how the media can follow suit
- The new divisional lineup, and who might be the weakest link
...and much, much more! Enjoy!
If the player above isn't working, you can download this episode (right click and save) as well.
Bonus good news! THE PODCAST IS NOW AVAILABLE IN ITUNES! If that's your bag, simply search for us in iTunes and subscribe!