Quick Headlines - 29 April 2010
- Kevin Dineen joins Scott Arniel in being cleared to interview for the vacant head coaching position.
- Kris Russell and Jakub Voracek are thus far the only confirmed CBJ players participating in the 2010 World Hockey Championship. Kristian Huselius, Samuel Pahlsson and Anton Stralman declined an invite to play for Sweden, R.J. Umberger backed out of Team USA so he can focus on finishing his college degree and Steve Mason declined an invite to play for Team Canada due to injury. I haven't heard anything about Fedor Tyutin playing for Team Russia, but it has been reported that Nikita Filatov will get a try-out with the team. Generally in an Olympic year, many players who were Olympians don't participate in the Worlds. That's the case with Rick Nash this season.
- The Jackets are interested in signing (in Swedish) forward Martin Thornberg. Thornberg is a physical winger who puts up points and is generally known as an agitator. He reportedly had a great playoff this year. If he is signed, it will likely be a one year contract. He could pair with Sammy Pahlsson on a checking line.
- The Jackets will play an exhibition game against a combined Malmo/Rogle squad before they open the 2010/2011 season with a two game series against the Sharks in Stockholm. The coolest part- the Jackets will be wearing custom red and yellow sweaters.
- Minnesota has unveiled their 10th anniversary logo. When will we see the Columbus version?