October 22, 2014 - Cannon Blasts
J.D. gives a "State of the Union," you might have heard about Horton's back, the two rookies last season are continuing as roomies, the 2016 ASG gets awarded, and LOL at He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named
If you've been paying attention to the front page here at The Cannon (let's be honest, if you're reading this of course you have been), you know Curtis McElhinney is out for the week and Anton Forsberg is now with the club to back up Bobrovsky. You also know that the team is out in San Jose getting ready for the 3-game Cali swing. And you know Nathan Horton may never play in the NHL again. NHL.com paraphrased Portzline's report here and added some of Horton's career stats - I link it there because the Dispatch / Puck-Rakers site may be pay-walled and you should just read Matt's piece here if you haven't already. Ok, house-keeping is out of the way, let's go:
- John Davidson sat down with Rick Gethin of Fox Sports Ohio and discussed the state of the Blue Jackets and building the team. Rick's report had two parts - here is part two on what he's looking for from the franchise.
- Also from FSO, Hockey Fights Cancer Night (last Friday Night against Calgary) hits home for JD's wife and their entire family.
- Last year, Ryan Murray and Boone Jenner were rookies who got paired up at camp. This year, they are continuing as roomies.
- Nashville was awarded the 2016 NHL All-Star Game. No Olympics, no pending lockout...you should be able to book it, Nashville.
- I cannot recall if this was linked earlier, but here is your third jersey schedule for the season.
- You mean He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named got a contract is putting up horrendous numbers? LOLOLOL./