NHL All Star Game: Big Food for the Big Event
Seriously, these things are crazy.
The Blue Jackets' chefs, along with Delaware North, have come together to create three massive, crazy, ridiculous limited edition menu options for the All Star Game.
From Delaware North:
- "Hat Trick Sausage" - which is 3 separate 2 foot sausages which together take up the entire width of the net!
- "The Ivory Puck" - a decadent dessert which features makeshift teeth to signify what hockey is all about.
- "Penalty Box Pretzel" - a 24-oz pretzel with three dipping sauces (served in a medium pizza box.)
THE "HAT TRICK" SAUSAGE
- There is 6 feet of house made Italian Sausage
- 2 cups of julienne onions
- 2 cups of Julienne assorted fresh peppers
- 4 oz. of marinara sauce
- 3 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- All on fresh bake 3-2 foot Italian sub buns
- 3 sausages for $60.
THE "IVORY PUCK"
- 2 layers of Chocolate cake
- White icing
- Chocolate ganache
- White chocolate disk
- Cost: $8
THE "PENALTY BOX" PRETZEL
- 24 oz. Bavarian Pretzel dough
- Jalapeno cheese sauce
- Marinara sauce
- Spicy brown mustard
- Cost: $18
Here are some predictions of how many of the various menu items are expected to be eaten at the All Star Game:
Hot Dog: 2300
Chicken Tender Basket: 1000
Skyline Chili Cheese Dog: 2000
Jumbo Pretzel: 1400
Bottled Water: 4000
Fountain Soda: 3500
Wow, that's a lot of chili cheese dogs!
Thanks to Travis at Broad St, Hockey for passing this along.