Game Preview #33 - What State Are We In?
The Jackets rack up the frequent flyer miles.
Blue Jackets at Stars - 8:30 PM
So, instead of previewing the lineup and the game (since we won't know about the lineup until 6:30 because we played last night in a different city), I'm simply going to point out that the Stars are good. They score a goal per game more on average than the Jackets do. Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin have a combined 80 points, including 35 goals between them. Also, if I may, some things that have no real bearing on anything, but that make me feel better to vent about:
- Columbus leads the league in games played to this point.
- Columbus leads the league in back-to-backs.
- Columbus has played more back-to-backs than any team in the league to this point.
- In an eight-day span from last Thursday through this, Columbus will play five games in four cities, spanning three time zones.
- With all travel, the Jackets will have flown 5,412 miles once they arrive back in Columbus on Friday. And then will play on Saturday./
Yeah, so whatever. Eat rod, NHL Schedule People.
Columbus Blue Jackets
(11-18-3, 25 Points; 8th division, 16th conference)
|Boone Jenner||Ryan Johansen||Brandon Saad|
|Matt Calvert||Brandon Dubinsky||Nick Foligno|
|Scott Hartnell||Alexander Wennberg||Cam Atkinson|
|Gregory Campbell||William Karlsson||David Clarkson|
|Jack Johnson||David Savard|
|Ryan Murray||Andrew Bodnarchuk|
|Fedor Tyutin||Kevin Connauton|
(22-6-2, 46 Points; 1st Division, 1st Conference)
|Jamie Benn||Tyler Seguin||Valeri Nichushkin|
|Mattias Janmark||Jason Spezza||Patrick Eaves|
|Antoine Roussel||Cody Eakin||Patrick Sharp|
|Colton Sceviour||Vernon Fiddler||Ales Hemsky|
|Alex Goligoski||John Klingberg|
|Johnny Oduya||Jason Demers|
|Patrik Nemeth||Jordie Benn|