Game 34 Preview: Censored Internet Meme
Columbus Blue Jackets at Nashville Predators
December 22, 2011 - 8:00pm EST
Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN
Radio: 97.1 WBNS-FM TV: FSN Ohio (HD)
Opponent's Blog: On The Forecheck
Rule 34 is one of those things that you've either heard of or you're blissfully innocent. For those who had been in the latter category until a moment ago...sorry.
The concept of Rule 34 basically boils down to this: If you can think of it, it's on the internet. Now, admittedly, that's generally then applied to porn, but it doesn't have to go there.
Alien Santa Claus? Got you covered.
Zombie snowman? There's even a flash game.
Robots enjoying a traditional Chanukah? Damn right.
Heck, there's even the Jackets winning a game in Nashville. Maybe anything IS possible on the internet.
|Rick Nash||Derick Brassard||R.J. Umberger|
|Vinny Prospal||Jeff Carter||Mark Letestu|
|Antoine Vermette||Samuel Pahlsson||Derek Dorsett |
|Derek MacKenzie ||Ryan Johansen||Jared Boll|
|Fedor Tyutin||Nikita Nikitin|
|Marc Methot||James Wisniewski|
|Grant Clitsome||John Moore|
(17-12-4, 38 Points; 4th Division, 9th Conference)
|Martin Erat||David Legwand||Craig Smith |
|Segei Kostitsyn||Mike Fisher||Patric Hornqvist|
|Colin Wilson||Nick Spaling||Jordin Tootoo|
|Matt Halischuk||Blake Geoffrion||Jerred Smithson|
|Shea Weber||Ryan Suter|
|Francis Bouillon||Kevin Klein|
|Jonathon Blum||Jack Hillen|
October 7, 2011 - NSH 3 CBJ 2 - RECAP
November 19, 2011 - CBJ 4 NSH 3 (OT) - RECAP
December 8 2011 - NSH 4 CBJ 3 (OT) - RECAP
By The Numbers:
NSH - 2.58 G/G (18th)
CBJ - 2.33 G/G (T-26th)
NSH - 2.64 GA/G (14th)
CBJ - 3.27 GA/G (27th)
NSH - 20.1% (6th)
CBJ - 13.0% (27th)
NSH - 82.2% (16th)
CBJ - 76.2% (28th)
- Nashville got smacked 4-1 in their last game by the Washington Capitals. For a team that prides themselves on defense, it was a stinging rebuke. Worse, it killed a 5 game win streak. Expect the Preds to come out snarling as a result.
- The road team has won every game in this series so far. Let's keep that trend going.
- Jonathan Blum and Blake Geoffrion are currently up to fill holes in the lineup due to injuries and illness. Could be an edge there if the Jackets can get some matchups.
- Shea Weber's scoring power drives this offense, and it will be a lot harder to minimize that in their building. The Jackets cannot let him tee up and fire away from the blue line. Give the body and block the shots.
- The keys to the win last month were good special teams, strong goaltending, and getting physical without getting stupid. That hasn't changed going into tonight's game. The D needs to be responsible and the Jackets have to minimize turnovers.