The first day of free agency is behind us, and we break it all down in the newest episode of the Cannon Cast! We’re talking about the players who left—Sergei Bobrovsky, Matt Duchene and Artemi Panarin—as well as the newest Blue Jacket, Gustav Nyquist. We also discuss Ryan Murray, the goaltending situation and whether or not we feel sorry for the Pittsburgh Penguins (we do not).
In this episode, we chat about:
- How do we feel about the big three leaving?
- Do the Blue Jackets have a problem with signing big free agents?
- Did management make the right calls?
- What do we think of Gustav Nyquist?
- How about the signings of Ryan Murray and Joonas Korpisalo?
- What did the Cleveland Monsters take care of on Monday?
- What are the Pittsburgh Penguins doing?
- How strong did the rest of the division get?
- Are the Blue Jackets a playoff team today?
...plus a lot more.
Our theme music is the song “Green Eyes,” by Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons off of their album “Homemade Vision.” Angela is working on an upcoming album called 4:30 to be released on August 2, so go check her out at angelaperley.com.
We’re on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and a whole lot more, so check us out on iTunes here or search “Cannon” and “SB Nation” on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a review and a rating! We welcome your thoughts and feedback in the comments, and let us know if you have questions you want us to answer. You can listen to this week’s below or download using the “Share” button in the embedded player.