The Cannon Cast is a day later than usual because of some technical difficulties (which means we finally have a lost episode), but that gave us extra time to marinate on the Markus Hännikäinen signing and for the Cleveland Monsters to sign a coach. Check out this episode of our Columbus Blue Jackets podcast as we talk about all of that as well as the world champion St. Louis Blues, who the CBJ should go after and...oh yeah, the draft is this weekend, right?
In this episode, we chat about:
- How wrong were we about St. Louis?
- Is Brett Hull still drunk?
- What do we think of the Markus Hännikäinen signing?
- Should the Blue Jackets take a bad contract to get draft picks?
- How strong is the Metropolitan Division getting?
- What does our Monsters expert Elaine Shircliff think of the new leadership?
- What’s our bold prediction for Cleveland and Columbus next year?
- What would we do with the Stanley Cup for a day?
...plus a lot more.
Our theme music is the song “Green Eyes,” by Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons off of their album “Homemade Vision.” They’re a Columbus-based band who are working on an upcoming album called 4:30 to be released on August 2, so go check them out at angelaperley.com.
We’re on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and a whole lot more, so check us out on iTunes here or search “Cannon” and “SB Nation” on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a review and a rating! We welcome your thoughts and feedback in the comments, and let us know if you have questions you want us to answer. You can listen to this week’s below or download using the “Share” button in the embedded player.