Cannon Blasts - September 11, 2014
Your 9/11 Edition of Cannon Blasts
- The big news yesterday on the Johansen front was the expectation that management (and apparently not just Bill Zito this time) will meet with Johansen's agent at the Traverse City Tournament. There are still a few days to get a deal done before camp starts, but if a contract is not signed by the 17th Joey will be asked to clear out his locker and stay away from the building (he's been training informally with about 20 players recently at the Ice Haus).
- The CBJ have moved back over the 10,000 STE's (Season Ticket Equivalents) mark. The progress made from 2011-2012 - both on and off the ice - is really quite extraordinary. Imagine that...winning = fannies in the seats.
- Marc Methot is asking for HOW MUCH??
- Japers' Rink (Caps SBNation Site) examined the top 10 centers in the Metropolitan Division. I would maybe move Joey ahead of Eric Staal into that 6th spot, but it's hard to argue Johansen as a top 5 center in the division just yet. I also might give Dubinsky an honorable mention.
- Familiar face John Moore signed a rather modest one-year deal with the Rangers.
- NHL.com released their list of the top 60 NHL prospects.
- A preview of some of the food offerings at Nationwide Arena this year (via theunionblue.com)
- The 12 Greatest Things in Hockey Video Game History (via Puck Daddy)./
Fan Fest is tomorrow if you're in Columbus. The Traverse City Tournament also kicks off. And we're one week away from the start of camp.