Okay, so I've pitched the idea a couple of times, so I should probably get off my butt and do this.
This Fanpost is for those who want to amuse themselves by seeing how the various draft lottery results might play out for the Columbus Blue Jackets. The engine that we're using is from Tankathon (popup warning). If you are offended by the idea of a tank, this is just for funzies; as mentioned several times in the comments section for columns, the team's draft lottery position is of interest to me, but whenever the puck drops I want our boys to win.
FYI: As I understand the current ruling, Arizona's forfeited first-round pick is locked in at wherever they finish. If they end up winning one of the two lotteries, that result is discarded by the NHL and they have a complete do-over for the affected lottery round(s).
Here are the rules:
- Anyone can post their results here in the comments section.
- If you want, you can put in your full results, only where Columbus ends up, or anything in between.
- I'm only putting in my first result of the day. If you want to keep going until Columbus moves up, maybe just mention how many tries it took to get the result you posted.
- If you want to comment on which players might be available at that pick, you're welcome to do so, but it's not required.
- Be kind to each other. We're all on the same side here.
- Columbus fell 2 slots to pick at #7 overall.
- New Jersey jumped five slots to pick #1; Calgary jumped a whole nine to grab the #2 position.