Last week on The Cannon Cast we talked about the Blue Jackets extending one of their goalies (Joonas Korpisalo) and this week we’re doing the same thing! Last Thursday, it was announced that the Jackets and Elvis Merzlikins have agreed to a two-year contract, allowing the club to solidify their duo in goal through 2021-22.
In this episode we discuss:
- Elvis Merzlikins’ new contract
- Mikhail Grigorenko contract situation
- Columbus playing possible host to July games?
*Correction: On last week’s episode, the topic of performance bonuses came up, but there is criteria that must be in place for contracts to contain performance bonuses:
- The player is on an entry-level contract.
- The player has signed a one-year contract and is over 35 years old.
- The player has signed a one-year contract after returning from a long-term injury (has played 400 or more games, and spent 100 or more days on the Injured Reserve in the last year of their most recent contract).
In the near future, Elaine is going to talk about some of the inner-workings of contracts.
Our theme music is the song “Green Eyes,” by Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons off of their album “Homemade Vision.” Angela’s newest album is called “4:30” and you should listen to it! She’s also on tour right now, so go check her out at angelaperley.com, and you should also check out Angela Perley on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube for videos and live-streamed concerts from her home during this stay at home period.
We’re on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and a whole lot more, so check us out on iTunes here or search “Cannon” and “SB Nation” on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a review and a rating! We welcome your thoughts and feedback in the comments, and let us know if you have questions you want us to answer. You can listen to this week’s below or download using the “Share” button in the embedded player.