The Columbus Blue Jackets have played their way through half of the preseason and we’re talking about it on The Cannon Cast! Unlike the CBJ, we’re not cutting anything as we talk about who’s left and who’s surprised us in training camp. We also look ahead at the Central Division in our NHL preview series, diving into teams that are probably good (most of them) and teams that will probably be bad (Wild, what’s going on up there?).
In this episode, we also talk about:
- Is this the roster we saw coming halfway into camp?
- What’s up with Emil Bemstrom and Andrew Peeke?
- Who makes it out of the Central Division?
- Are older players going to help some of these teams?
- Are the Jets in panic mode?
- Who will goaltending sink?
- Who could have predicted Matt Duchene going to Nashville?
...plus a lot more.
Our theme music is the song “Green Eyes,” by Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons off of their album “Homemade Vision.” Angela released a new album last month called “4:30” that you should listen to! Go check her out at angelaperley.com.
We’re on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and a whole lot more, so check us out on iTunes here or search “Cannon” and “SB Nation” on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a review and a rating (please) ! We welcome your thoughts and feedback in the comments, and let us know if you have questions you want us to answer. You can listen to this week’s below or download using the “Share” button in the embedded player.