It’s that time of the summer again to compile a list of the Top 25 players in the Columbus Blue Jackets system that are under the age of 25. Some business before we get to the voting:
- To build the list I relied on the Depth Chart at Elite Prospects. Last year I made a mistake and included every player that was 25 years old. This time every one is under 25 as of the start of the season. Seth Jones missed the cut by one day. The good news is that frees up a lot more room on the list for prospects.
- As you consider how to rank the prospects, my preference is that you consider which players you expect to have the most impact on the Blue Jackets roster going forward. That can be this year or three years from now. Another way to look at it: if you were starting a team from scratch, which of these players would you choose?
- Voting will close next Wednesday. The countdown will start next Friday and continue throughout August.
- This year, the reader votes will be combined with the writers’ votes. I want to avoid a repeat of last year when Hott Scarrington appeared on the list (even if he ended up having a career year).
- Here is a list of the players from last year’s Top 25 who have aged out:
#1 Seth Jones
#5 Alexander Wennberg
#6 Josh Anderson
#7 Boone Jenner
#8 Markus Nutivaara
#9 Ryan Murray
#10 Joonas Korpisalo
#13 Lukas Sedlak
#14 Dean Kukan
#16 Elvis Merzlikins
#18 Markus Hannikainen
#23 Scott Harrington
- The following are no longer with the organization:
#11 Vitaly Abramov
#13 Lukas Sedlak (we do retain his NHL rights)
#15 Anthony Duclair
#22 Jonathan Davidsson
Without further ado, go to this link or use the embedded form below to cast your vote.