If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume that you love the Blue Jackets and the community we’ve built here at The Cannon. Here’s your chance to join our team and cover the Jackets with us.
The Cannon is looking for writers to help us cover the Blue Jackets. The writers will be responsible for writing posts about the Blue Jackets on agreed-upon topics and schedules. Ideally, we’d like to bring on at least one candidate who is local to the Columbus, Ohio, area and available to occasionally attend practice or media availability. These are remote, part-time, contract roles compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Blue Jackets and will already be familiar with The Cannon.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Follow junior hockey, European hockey, and/or NCAA prospects.
- Be skilled with analytics.
- Have previous playing or coaching experience to do Xs and Os analysis.
- Previous hockey or sportswriting experience in general is preferred.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any relevant experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for the role, and a hockey-related writing sample. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity. All items should be submitted through the Vox Media Careers page.
If you have questions about these opportunities, the application process, or The Cannon and SB Nation in general, please contact Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands Jeanna Thomas at email@example.com.
The Cannon and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Jackets from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and qualifications do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.