Thanksgiving is over and we’re talking about the Columbus Blue Jackets’ precarious December position on The Cannon Cast. Zach Werenski is out for a month, but the CBJ picked up a fun win last week over Pittsburgh. We also discuss our confidence in the team and if John Tortorella’s recent comments about healthy scratches and ice time are what they need right now. We also talk about how excited we are to see some old friends this week.In this episode, we discuss:
- That Penguins game was fun, huh?
- How much will losing Zach Werenski hurt?
- What happened with that Islanders stinker?
- Can this team put together a real streak?islanders stinker
- Should John Tortorella sit the slumping vets?
- Would healthy scratches even help those guys?
- What will happen when the CBJ sees Artemi Panarin and Sergei Bobrovsky this week?
...plus a lot more.
The Aaron Portzline article we discuss can be found on The Athletic.
Our theme music is the song “Green Eyes,” by Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons off of their album “Homemade Vision.” Angela’s newest album is called “4:30” and you should listen to it! Go check her out at angelaperley.com.
We’re on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and a whole lot more, so check us out on iTunes here or search “Cannon” and “SB Nation” on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a review and a rating! We welcome your thoughts and feedback in the comments, and let us know if you have questions you want us to answer. You can listen to this week’s below or download using the “Share” button in the embedded player.