We recorded this episode of The Cannon Cast, as usual, on Monday night. As usual, the Columbus Blue Jackets won. We talk about how the CBJ have delivered on holiday wishes a little early, putting together a sizable winning streak while missing a talented chunk of their roster. We discuss the streak and how they’re doing it despite some key injuries—or is it because of them? We also talk about Zach Werenski, the team’s Elvis Merzlikins problem and last-minute shopping during the holidays.
- What do we think about the streak?
- Does the quality of opponents dilute these wins?
- How is the team doing this through the injuries?
- Are the injuries bringing the team together?
- Are the young guys making the most of their chances?
- Has the team bungled the Elvis Merzlikins situation?
- Is the team too far out to burn out Joonas Korpisalo chasing a playoff spot?
...plus a lot more.
Our theme music is the song “Green Eyes,” by Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons off of their album “Homemade Vision.” Angela’s newest album is called “4:30” and you should listen to it! Go check her out at angelaperley.com.
We’re on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and a whole lot more, so check us out on iTunes here or search “Cannon” and “SB Nation” on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a review and a rating! We welcome your thoughts and feedback in the comments, and let us know if you have questions you want us to answer. You can listen to this week’s below or download using the “Share” button in the embedded player.