The Columbus Blue Jackets only played twice last week, but both went past regulation as this CBJ treaded water with some more close games. On this episode of The Cannon Cast, we talk about the overtime loss and shootout win, as well as some new line combinations and coaching decisions. We also dive in to the differences between John Tortorella and Mike Eaves, as well as what the NHL can do about its players lying bleeding on the ice while play continues.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How was last week?
- Has Oliver Bjorkstrand lost his smile?
- Is Torts the right coach for this team?
- Which one of us can’t watch another Columbus power play?
- Will the new line combinations stick?
- Is Elvis Merzlikins only pawn in game of hockey?
- Do we miss Nick Foligno?
- Are Columbus’s issues bleeding over to Cleveland?
- Can the NHL fix the rule about injured players?
...plus a lot more.
Our theme music is the song “Green Eyes,” by Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons off of their album “Homemade Vision.” Angela’s newest album is called “4:30” and you should listen to it! Go check her out at angelaperley.com.
We’re on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and a whole lot more, so check us out on iTunes here or search “Cannon” and “SB Nation” on Apple Podcasts. Leave us a review and a rating! We welcome your thoughts and feedback in the comments, and let us know if you have questions you want us to answer. You can listen to this week’s below or download using the “Share” button in the embedded player.