The Blue Jackets twitter account blessed our timelines with a photo of some of the guys hangin’ by a lake, enjoying their summer.
What a joy, to be with your buds by the water. Not a care in the world.
But, what’s really going through their minds? Well, wonder no more.
Harrington: Am I far away enough to where I’m in this pic? I wonder how far I could swim out. Is there another sandwich still in the cooler or did I eat the last one?
Prout: What’s that rumble in the trees? Is that Big Foot? I should tell them it’s Big Foot, right? (begins to say “Hey guys, I think Big Foot is back there!”)
Foligno: Sometimes its more fun to pretend you’re in a recliner then put your feet in the water.
Anderson: (incoherent thoughts, having been jarred awake by this selfie)
Boone: Alright, everyone say ch (takes picture before he finishes)
Huh. I guess you really never know what’s going through someone’s mind, do you?
Columbus Blue Jackets News
- Nick Foligno held his annual fundraising NHL vs. Docs game
- If you haven’t been keeping up with our Top 25 Under 25 series, now is a great time to catch up. #15 will go up today.
- NHL.com did a similar thing by looking over the Blue Jackets prospects as part of their 31 in 31 series.
- My goodness this is a lot of prospect talk; Corey Pronman ranked the Jackets’ system #25.
- It’s been, what, about a month since the news came down that the Cannon jerseys were coming back. Well, I made a new best friend towards the end of the week, as Jay with Beer League Talk called the Cannon sweater the CBJ’s best one.
- NBC Sports breaks down three of the biggest questions facing the Blue Jackets ahead of 2018/19. Spoiler alert; the questions are actually well thought out and not just OMG WUT WILL PANERNAN DO?
- David Savard got married! Félicitations to Savvy and Valerie.
- If you liked Pronman’s write up on the Jackets’ system (or, even if you didn’t), check out his whole series if you so desire.
- RIP to Stan Mikita.
- A couple of notable renewals/extensions of contracts; ol’ friend William Karlsson has a new one-year deal with VGK, while the Ducks have locked up John Gibson for EIGHT YEARS?!
- The NHL wants a cut of the gambling action which...is a very NHL thing to say.
- I penned a detailed account of the history of the old Tallahassee Tiger Sharks for work. If anyone would appreciate this, it’d be y’all.
- FOOTBALL BACK.
- What is the one thing that a good chunk of NL contenders have in common? Bullpen woes.
- I don’t want to bring up a huge thing but I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t mention it.
- Back a few months ago I mentioned that, in this section, I’d bring up some obscure sports that I love to better educate you on them, as well as have a place to discuss it. Well, last weekend in the Australian Football League, a dude straight punched another dude which caused him to have a broken jaw and he might lose up to five teeth.
- The NBA announced both their holiday schedule as well as their full slate. If you care.
- Yall all saw the Charlotte Hornets retro court right? Good.