Record: 8-9-2-2, 20 points, .476 win%, 5th Central, 11th West
The Cleveland Monsters and the Chicago Wolves went head-to-head this past weekend.
Friday night's game was “Chuck-A-Bear” night. Carter Camper kicked off the scoring with a goal in the second which unleashed the bears upon the ice. The Monsters would end up winning the game, 3-2.
Less than 24 hours later, the Monsters and Wolves were back at it again.
This time the Wolves would come out victorious shutting out the Monsters, 3-0.
Ivan Kulbakov was recalled from the Quad City Mallards (ECHL) after Brad Thiessen sustained a minor lower-body injury.
Sonny Milano was recalled after Friday's game and then returned after the Columbus Blue Jackets' game on Saturday evening.
Tyler Barnes was signed to a 25-game PTO late Friday night. He played in Saturday night's game and was then sent back to the ECHL on Monday.
Going into the weekend the Monsters were in 6th place in the division. Even though they split the weekend with the Wolves the Monsters moved into the 5th spot in the Central.
How is that possible?
The Grand Rapids Griffins fell to 9-13-0-3 after dropping their last three games. In fact, they have been on a slow decline only winning two of their last 10 games.
- Carter Camper; 14
- Miles Koules; 10
- Sam Vigneault, Dean Kukan, Paul Bittner; 8
- Calvin Thurkauf, Miles Koules, Carter Camper; 5
- Joe Pendenza, Paul Bittner; 4
- Sam Vigneault, Alex Broadhurst; 3
- Carter Camper; 9
- Dean Kukan; 8
- Sam Vigneault, Brad Austin, Jordan Schroeder, Miles Koules; 5
- Cameron Gaunce; 27
- John Ramage; 24
- Hayden Hodgson; 22
Around the AHL
- Chris Bourque; 32
- Jack Roslovic, Phil Varone, Travis Morin; 28
- Andrew Mangiapane; 26
- Danick Martel; 14
- Jack Roslovic, Reid Boucher, Chris Terry, Greg Carey; 13
- Nick Merkley, Daniel Sprong, Valentin Zykov, Warren Foegele, Nick Lappin; 12
- Travis Morin; 23
- Chris Bourque, Matt Taormina; 21
- Phil Varone; 20
- Ross Johnston; 97
- Alex Gallant; 81
- Tyler Lewington; 75
- Garret Sparks; 1.68 gaa, 11 wins, 24 ga, .942 sav%
- Calvin Pickard; 1.77 gaa, 8 wins, 17 ga, .935 sav%
- Michael Hutchinson; 1.82 gaa, 9 wins, 22 ga, .947 sav%
Anthony Cirelli of the Syracuse Crunch was named “CCM/AHL Player of the Week”. In three games last week, he tallied seven points and a plus-6 rating.
Spencer Foo is finding his groove in professional hockey.