Record: 1-2-0-0, 2 points, .333 win percentage, 6th Central, 13th West
The Cleveland Monsters hit the road for their first away series of the season this past weekend. They played the Manitoba Moose and split the series, 1-1.
The Monsters didn’t fare as well on Sunday. They would fall to the Moose 4-1. One of those goals would be an awarded goal due to a penalty called as Brendan Lemieux made a break for the Monsters’ empty net.
After Sunday’s game, Markus Nutivaara was recalled by the Jackets to replace Gabriel Carlsson.
- Joe Pendenza, John Mitchell; 2
- Calvin Thurkauf, Hayden Hodgson, John Ramage, Miles Koules, Carter Camper, Cameron Gaunce; 1
- Joe Pendenza; 2
- John Mitchell, Carter Camper, Calvin Thurkauf; 1
- Cameron Gaunce, Hayden Hodgson, John Ramage, Miles Koules, John Mitchell; 1
- Brett Gallant, Justin Scott; 7
- Andrew Benoit; 6
- Hayden Hodgson, Dean Kukan, Ryan Collins, Nick Moutrey, Tyler Motte; 4
Around the AHL
- Teemu Pulkkinen; 9
- Lucas Wallmark - Charlotte Checkers; 8
- Danick Martel; 5
- Daniel Sprong, Mark Jankowski, Alex Tuch, Jason Dickinson, Scott Eansor, Warren Foegele; 4
- Teemu Pulkkinen; 7
- Reid Boucher, Matt Taormina, Lucas Wallmark; 6
- Mike Blunden; 29
- Ross Johnston; 26
- Tye McGinn; 23
- David Rittich – 0.00 GAA, 1 win, 0 GA, 1.00 sav%
- Casey DeSmith - .50 GAA, 2 wins, 1GA, .983 sav%
- Adin Hill - .65 GAA, 1 win, 1 GA, .968 sav%
After a stellar start to the 2017-18 season, Kenny Agostino was awarded the CCM/AHL Player of the week. He notched five points over the course of two games.
After a high-sticking incident on October 13th, Brandon Baddock was suspended for one game.
Three players from the Belleville Senators were suspended for one game after a bench brawl broke out with 55 seconds left on the clock during their game against Syracuse on October 13th.
Fast forward to 3:53 to see how it all played out.
Scooter Vaughn is much more than a hockey player. He spins an abundance of plates on a daily basis. There will definitely be life after hockey for Vaughn.
Click here to read the story.