Columbus will take to the ice tonight for the first of a three-game road trip, beginning in Carolina, as the Blue Jackets will look to officially kickoff another winning streak following Sunday's overtime win against the Flyers.
As usual, The Cannon will have all your gameday coverage, so until that point, lets run down some other news from CBJ-land, the NHL and around the (sports) world.
Columbus Blue Jackets News
- Noted "We Are The 5th Line" hater Greg Wyshynski also wrote words in regards to McElhinney being waived.
- Its the article that every hockey outlet is writing this season, and Bleacher Report is no different. Here is their "Rags to Riches" story on the Jackets.
- Oh hey look, it's a Playoff Probability Report! (Get used to this chart because it'll probably be in here a lot).
Cleveland Lake Monsters News
- With Mac being waived, the Jackets recalled Anton Forsberg from Cleveland.
- However, if Mac clears waivers, could he be beneficial to the Lake Monsters. And vice versa?
National Hockey League News
- The big NHL news of the day yesterday was this report from SportsLogos.net that, with the transition from Reebok to Adidas as the league's official uniform supplier, there will be no alternate jerseys for any of the 31 (gosh, how weird is that to think about?) teams. Bummer, right?
- In other uniform news, the Edmonton Oilers will only be wearing orange sweaters at home next season. Probably related to the whole "teams will only have two unis next year" thing, but who knows.
- HEY LOOK! MORE UNIFORM NEWS! It appears as if the New Jersey Devils are getting, well, new jerseys. But, fear not fans of the logo, it appears that is staying.
- Have you ever wanted to see Jonathan Towes in a USA hockey sweater? Well, let me tell you, is today your lucky day!
- The Florida Panthers blanked the aforementioned Devils last night, and in the process, Roberto Luongo logged his 73rd career shutout (he leads all active goaltenders in said category) and surpassed Terry Sawchuk for fifth on the all-time wins list.
- What will the Winnipeg Jets do with Patrick Laine concussed? Arctic Ice Hockey has a proposition, and a minor spoiler, it doesn't involve Drew Stafford.
- Do you fear flying? Then I suggest staying as far away from the saga of the Dallas Stars from late in the weekend.
- There is a new college football champion, and for the first time since 1981, Clemson is your national title holder. I think I speak for all football fans when I say thank you for keeping Alabama from another title.
- Have you ever wondered to yourself what a professional sports playoffs would look like if it mirrored the College Football Playoff? Well, CBS has you covered with the CFP x MLB.
- Good news for Cavs fans - Kyle Korver is now yours! (And I'm a Hawks fan, so please go gentle on me.) Bad news for Cavs fans - it appears the Hawks no longer want to rid themselves of Paul Millsap.