Thirty more games to the finish line, folks. We've got 25 days to the trade deadline. It's not going to be a fun spring, I don't believe. On the positive side, we should get an extended look at the barely-20-somethings in the organization. Let's see what the kids have got this final third of the season.
Lots of links to get to - we'll start at the NHL level and slowly make our way to a Columbus view.
- The story came out this past weekend that Gary Bettman signed a six-year extension as commissioner of the NHL. He's on board through 2022.
- Here is Bill Daly talking NHL expansion, the Canadian dollar, and more.
- This story from SBNation NHL has all the pictures, gifs, and videos from John Scott's All-Star Weekend. All of the feels.
- A piece from Johnny Gaudreau for The Players' Tribune.
- Somehow, Pierre LeBrun (ESPN) does not have the Jackets in last in his power rankings.
- I mentioned the trade deadline coming at the end of the month. Here is who the Toronto Sun thinks are the top names on the market.
- Bleacher Report has Scott Hartnell on its "Honorable Mention" list of its top 10 players likely to be traded before the deadline.
- Scott Burnside (ESPN) summarized each team in the Metro Division heading into the trade deadline. He didn't explicitly say it, but (obviously) expect the Jackets to be sellers.
- Scott Hartnell does appear on Allan Muir's (SI) list of players most likely to be traded by February 29th.
- Mark Scheig of The Hockey Writers had an interview piece with Jarmo Kekalainen before the All-Star break.
- Some optimism? Check out CBJ Prospect's Week in Review over at Buckeye State Hockey.
- The Blue Jackets website documented Brandon Saad's weekend in Nashville - a blog here. Photos here.
- Here are some pictures from Winter Park (open through Feb. 21) so far.
- Cam Atkinson was named the NHL's 2nd Star of the Week.