This won’t be your usual recap. It’ll be brief, as the story can be told in just a few statements:
- Let’s go with a visual to kick things off (note the Games Played):
- The Penguins scored the first goal of the game off the stick of Sidney Crosby, a great hand-eye redirect in mid-air. Listen, I live in Cole Harbour and am a proud Canadian, so I can’t hate Sid like I’m supposed to as a CBJ fan. Don’t @ me
- Scott Hartnell scored a hatty to pace the offense. A refresher: The Columbus Blue Jackets traded forward R.J. Umberger and a fourth-round pick in the 2015 NHL Draft to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for forward Scott Hartnell.
- After potentially being a scratch due to injury, Cam Atkinson scored on the powerplay for the Jackets, and as of this writing he was tied with Claude Giroux for the most powerplay points in the NHL.
- Sam Gagner, in 13:24 of ice time, put up another two helpers.
- How confident does Markus Nutivaara look right now? Can’t wait to see the kid get another goal.
- Bob turned aside 26 of 27 shots. Bob being Bob.
- Jackets are back at it tonight against the Montreal Canadiens before taking a break for Christmas.