What happened: A big shutout victory on the road, playing the second game of a back-to-back, that’s what happened!
- Boone Jenner had his best game of the young season, showing the tenacity and jam that we’re used to seeing from Boone.
- BOB. BOB. BOB. How can you not love what you’re seeing from him so far? He was great last night, and followed it up with a clean sheet this evening against a high-powered offense.
- Jackets were able to benefit from the Stars misfortune in the second period, when as Dallas was entering the Jackets’ zone, the puck got stuck on the ref’s skate, allowing the Jackets to go the other way for the goal, after a nice passing sequence.
- The penalty killers were terrific tonight. Not only in shutting down Dallas’ attack, but they were a threat to score shorthanded every time Dallas went on the powerplay.
- Scott Hartnell scored his first goal of the year after some nice board work:
- It’s sometimes hard to define the term “poise”, but one way to do it visually is to watch Zach Werenski play hockey.
- Sam Gagner was ineffective again tonight. He looked promising in the preseason, but hasn’t been able to showcase himself yet this season.
- I’m not concerned about Brandon Saad’s lack of goals yet, because he’s as streaky a scorer as there is in the league. Once he gets the first one, the floodgates will open.
- Brandon Dubinsky finished the game strong, but he didn’t have a great game. His retaliatory penalty was selfish, but kudos for dropping the mitts with Jamie Benn.
FINAL SCORE: 3-0 Jackets