The Blue Jackets are three games into their preseason schedule and resume play tomorrow night at home against the Minnesota Wild. There is still no word on the expected return of Brandon Saad, who took a puck to the mouth during camp and had dental work done yesterday. The team does not have practice scheduled for today.
Stay tuned to the site (or Twitter) as the team is expected to reduce the number of camp players from 63 to below 50. They will split up into two groups after the cuts are made. We think we largely know who the last 30 or so players will be so there should not be any surprise cuts today.
- Shawn Mitchell writes about the blossoming partnership Cleveland and Columbus across multiple sports.
- Japers' Rink (Caps SB Nation site) detailed the top 10 goalies in the Metropolitan Division and Bob came in at #4. No CBJ players showed up in their ranking of defensemen in the division.
- NHL.com has their season preview of Columbus published.
- Speaking of season previews, Puck Daddy's is also out - and they have the CBJ slated to finish 5th (but grab a wild card spot) behind Washington, Pittsburgh, and the two New York teams.
- Want to see how that Hartnell for Umberger trade turned out? The Coach details the 2014-2015 season for Hartnell.
- BS Hockey also a season preview of sorts - a yes or no question format with their staff. The results were pretty interesting.
- Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News talks about a problem in Columbus - too many hot prospects.
- William Chase (Rant Sports) says that Nick Foligno fits perfectly as captain of the Jackets.
- Want to get more Blue Jackets videos? Check out the recently announced Blue Jackets DeskSite.
- Check out the Vegas odds here for all 30 NHL teams and their lines for making the playoffs. The Jackets are a respectable 10/17 to make the postseason.