The dust has finally settled on the trade deadline - reaction appears to be mixed to the Wisniewski trade, but most seem to be in favor of signing Cam Atkinson to an extension. Of course, this wouldn't be the 2014-2015 Blue Jackets season without a new injury - happy trails to David Clarkson this season, most likely. The losing streak sits at seven, so let's just hit the links.
- We start with the future, as The Union Blue updates us on the last couple weeks of prospect activity. Dillon Heatherington signed his entry level deal with the Jackets last week.
- Hockey's Future Player of the Month is Oliver Bjorkstrand. OB netted 13 goals in nine games in February, and is closing in on the scoring lead in the WHL despite playing in 11 fewer games than the leader. Mike Reilly (CBJ...for now) is listed as an honorable mention as he continues to lead the Golden Gophers to the tune of 37 points in 32 games. Bjorkstrand, the WHL Player of the Month in January, also won WHL's Player of the Month in February. He leads the WHL with a +49 rating and 48 goals.
- Hit on this previously, but check out ESPN The Magazine's "Great Analytics Rankings" and see where your teams rank in different sports.
- BS Hockey gets you familiar with the new Jackets.
- CBJProspects has his own thoughts on William Karlsson and the Mike Reilly situation.
- Nick Biss (BS Hockey) is not happy with the Wiz trade.
- A look to the future on the blue line.
- The injury woes don't care about different zip codes - stud blue liner for Springfield Austin Madaisky get rolled up on in practice and broke his ankle. Done for the season, because of course.
- Canada TV (TSN) doesn't vet their tweets they share on TV. Ok, maybe they do but they're backtracking right now after the deadline.
The tank rolls on tomorrow.