Today, we take a break from the recent "Open Threads," but by all means feel free to post your thoughts here on last night's game, the trade deadline coming up, or anything else you want to share. To the links!
- The latest power rankings see the Jackets fall a couple spots to 25. Can't argue with that. This team can't get over .500.
- Avery Kreemer (BS Hockey) says the team can find out about itself over the final stretch of games with no playoffs in sight.
- An update on MGL, CHIP, AMIP, and CMIP through 50 games...in which the CBJ are dominating virtually every category.
- We've said this before, but the Minnesota Gophers have a few Columbus prospects on the team, led by Mike Reilly. Reilly is an absurd +18 with 5-29-34 in 30 games so far this season.
- NHL.com has a page dedicated to the Trade Deadline in case you want to pin/favorite that for the next week.
- SI.com tells us to expect more multi-player trades as the deadline approaches.
- An update on the Las Vegas ticket drive (for their potential NHL team, if you haven't heard) here.
- Does size matter for NHL goalies? (Get your minds out of the gutter you crazy kids!)
Lastly, through February 22nd, your updated chart on MGL and CHIP:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Update to NHL man-games lost and CHIP (Cap Hit of Injured Players) figures through February 22 <a href="http://t.co/MOLObF3EAw">pic.twitter.com/MOLObF3EAw</a></p>— LW3H (@LW3H) <a href="https://twitter.com/LW3H/status/569989328849514496">February 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The Jackets will close the season, at this rate, paying out nearly $17 million in salary cap to players who did not play. They will surely threaten the 500 games mark for man-games lost as well. Woof.