So, instead of previewing the lineup and the game (since we won't know about the lineup until 6:30 because we played last night in a different city), I'm simply going to point out that the Stars are good. They score a goal per game more on average than the Jackets do. Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin have a combined 80 points, including 35 goals between them. Also, if I may, some things that have no real bearing on anything, but that make me feel better to vent about:
- Columbus leads the league in games played to this point.
- Columbus leads the league in back-to-backs.
- Columbus has played more back-to-backs than any team in the league to this point.
- In an eight-day span from last Thursday through this, Columbus will play five games in four cities, spanning three time zones.
- With all travel, the Jackets will have flown 5,412 miles once they arrive back in Columbus on Friday. And then will play on Saturday.
Yeah, so whatever. Eat rod, NHL Schedule People.
Columbus Blue Jackets
(11-18-3, 25 Points; 8th division, 16th conference)
|Boone Jenner||Ryan Johansen||Brandon Saad|
|Matt Calvert||Brandon Dubinsky||Nick Foligno|
|Scott Hartnell||Alexander Wennberg||Cam Atkinson|
|Gregory Campbell||William Karlsson||David Clarkson|
|Jack Johnson||David Savard|
|Ryan Murray||Andrew Bodnarchuk|
|Fedor Tyutin||Kevin Connauton|
(22-6-2, 46 Points; 1st Division, 1st Conference)
|Jamie Benn||Tyler Seguin||Valeri Nichushkin|
|Mattias Janmark||Jason Spezza||Patrick Eaves|
|Antoine Roussel||Cody Eakin||Patrick Sharp|
|Colton Sceviour||Vernon Fiddler||Ales Hemsky|
|Alex Goligoski||John Klingberg|
|Johnny Oduya||Jason Demers|
|Patrik Nemeth||Jordie Benn|