Here are some random notes from around the NHL and even a few that pertain to the CBJ!
- The Hockey Writers see Matt Calvert as a "depth" forward who could/should be traded.
- The mumps are going around the NHL. SB Nation looks at why the outbreak is occurring.
- Gretzky is involved with the ownership group looking to bring an NHL franchise to Vegas.
- The Panthers and Capitals went 20 rounds in the shootout last night. 20. Rounds. That's a new NHL record.
- The CBJ are slowly moving up the power rankings!
- Some interesting notes here on the Jackets after their shootout win last night. Seven-game win streak is the 2nd longest in franchise history. Bob picked up his 10th career shutout in career game #200. Joey is 3 of 4 in shootout attempts this season.
- I linked to this in the game recap, but even strength scoring has to improve for the club.
- Union and Blue think that RyJo and Foligno need to be on the ice together. They're currently centering two different lines.
- USA Today (a couple days ago) didn't seem too high on the Blue Jackets making the playoffs.
- ICYMI from yesterday - Jerry D'Amigo was traded.
- Some interesting notes a few days ago in "30 Thoughts" on Edmonton's interest in Johansen/Anisimov and Jeremy Morin apparently "wasn't available" when GMs asked. Guess that was false.
- Test Tube is skating. If you're blocked by Porty on Twitter, well, you'll have to open that link in a browser where you are signed out of Twitter I guess. On the injury front - Hartnell *should* be back within a week or two followed by Letestu. Goloubef may be ready, but I'm not sure how he cracks the blue line right now.
A FIVE GAME home stand starts Thursday against the Caps and the Blackhawks come into town on Saturday.