Welcome to the weekend. Hopefully with the temperatures falling, we'll see the Jackets heat up on the ice (comedic gold, ya'll). The Blue Jackets are in action Friday at Carolina before returning home to face Tampa Bay on Saturday - another lovely back-to-back. There is some college football team up the road playing a pretty big game at the same time, I've been told. Good luck, NWA attendance. Time for some links:
- CBJ Fans, welcome to the Connor McDavid Power Rankings.
- The Hockey Writers believe that Columbus will be ok - the injuries outside of Horton are not long-term. #optimism
- Union and Blue took the responses of fans on Twitter in regards to fixing the Jackets (using #FixTheJackets). They compiled some of the answers here.
- As Aaron Portzline has noted many times, the CBJ miss Derek MacKenzie this season. The Dark Blue Jacket agrees and also dives into why the fourth line is not as effective so far.
- Former Blue Jacket Jan Hjeda delivers a blow to Daniel Winnik. The hit doesn't look all that dirty, but sticking out his left leg causes Winnik to land on his head, rendering him unconscious. You'll recall just last week it was former CBJ draft pick John Moore who was suspended 5 games for his illegal hit.
Stay warm, enjoy the weekend, and maybe the Blue Jackets won't be in the cellar by the end of the weekend!