Training camp has begun! The Jackets are back on the ice, and as the regular season creeps ever nearer, the procrastinator in me realizes that I still have a few of these left to do. Zoinks!
Rob Parker (@RobParker_JR) is one of the Associate Editors of Japers' Rink, SBNation's Capitals site. He was gracious enough to take some time out to chat about the Caps with me. Along the way, we covered some very important ground:
- The Caps fans' feelings about the new look division
- The rekindling of the league's stroke-fest of Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin
- The changes from Bruce Boudreau to Adam Oates
- Whether or not these Caps are legit now that they're out of the Southeast Division, and whether they can win in the playoffs
- Who is their goalie of choice, and what do they do with Michael Nuevirth?
- How does Brooks Laich fit in now that he's healthy and they've added Martin Erat and Mikhail Grabovski?
- Whither Jason Chimera?
- Do they still hate R.J. Umberger?
- Rob is forced to make some tough decisions about Ovechkin, Peter Bondra, and Mike Gartner
- What's a good bar to get thrown out of on 7th Ave. in DC?
- Jack Johnson is a [insert your adjective of choice and watch fight in comments ensue] hockey player
All this, and so much more! Enjoy!
If the player above isn't working, you can download this episode (right click and save) as well. Also, the podcast is available in iTunes. If that's your bag, simply search for us in iTunes and subscribe!