1) James Wisniewski: Offensive defenseman with a mean streak. Shooter on the powerplay, able to dish out the big hit.
2) Jack Johnson: Two-way defenseman. Always willing to pinch up into the play offensively. Has leadership qualities. Plays big minutes.
3) Fedor Tyutin: Two-way defenseman. Table-setter on the powerplay. Great hip-check, otherwise not a physical presence. Puts up points.
4) Nikita Nikitin. Excellent first pass. Responsible in his defensive zone. Willing to play the body. Surprising offense.
5) Marc Methot: Steady, defense-first blueliner. Excellent skater. Represented Canada at the Worlds last two seasons.
6) John Moore: Recent first rounder. Effortless skater. Good outlet pass. Needs to shoot more.
7) Ryan Murray: 2012 First Round Pick. NHL-ready. Positionally sound. Big-bodied. Untapped offensive potential.
8) David Savard: Above-average skill with the puck on his stick. Skating needs improvement.
9)( Dalton Prout: With more exposure, could turn out to be a solid two-way defender.
10) Will Weber: Reliable defensive defenseman. Leadership qualities. Little offensive ability.
11) Theo Ruth: Lacks a neck. Steady defensively.
12) Cody Goloubef: Former second round pick yet to establish himself as a pro. Loads of talent, potential yet to be reached.
13) Austin Madaisky: High-scoring junior defenseman, will be interesting to see how his game transfers to the pros this season.
14) Thomas Larkin: Still an intriguing prospect. College defender. Two-way guy, plays for Italy at the National level.
15) Mike Reilly: Get excited for this kid. Could be a draft steal. Offensive whiz.
16) Nick Holden, Brent Regner, Steve Delisle, Anton Blomqvist, Taylor Ellington, Drew OIson: Need to show more.