Tonight is a must-win.
There, I said it. I mean, seriously, the winless streak can't go eight games into the season, can it?
The Jackets and the Sens should be an interesting matchup, given the style of play that both teams employ. One of the main keys for the Jackets is to be disciplined- the Sens have a very good powerplay and can the Jackets penalty kill has been underperforming. One thing that is obvious, the PK is not as aggressive. They seem to set the box, and sit back, letting the opposition set up. This needs to change.
Here's what else we know:
- At this point it looks like Steve Mason vs. Craig Anderson in the cages.
- Marc Methot will be out tonight, first rounder John Moore has been called up and will dress.
- Paul MacLean, the Sens head coach, has the best duster in the NHL. No contest.
- This is the perfect game for Antoine Vermette to improve on his single assist point total. A goal against his former squad would be very apropos.
- For that matter, it would be great for Umby to get his first of the year as well.
Which goal-less streak will end first?
This poll is closed