Worcester 5 at Albany 6
This was a wild one from the start. The Devils opened up a 3-0 lead through the first half of the opening period. The Sharks came roaring back to tie it at 5-5 early in the third, before a Vladimir Zharkov goal put it away for Albany. The feisty affair also featured 68 minutes of penalties.
Bridgeport 0 at Binghamton 3
The Senators, all but out of the playoff race, couldn't have picked a better time to add to the Sound Tigers' woes. Bridgeport has only won twice in their last 10 games. The one time Northeast Division leaders now only have a three point lead in sixth place in the Eastern Conference playoff picture.
Syracuse 4 at Rochester 3 SO
Peter Holland scored his 22nd goal of the season midway through the third period to tie the game. Iiro Tarkki shut down all five Amerks in the shootout to give the Crunch the win.
That leaves the conference standings (from 6th place on) looking like this:
6. Bridgeport 72 points, 12 games remaining
7. Manchester 69 points, 11 games remaining
8. Syracuse 68 points, 11 games remaining
9. Worcester 67 points, 12 games remaining
10. Albany 67 points, 11 games remaining
11. Springfield 66 points, 11 games remaining
12. Portland 65 points, 12 games remaining
13. Adirondack 63 points, 12 games remaining
14. Providence 63 points, 11 games remaining
There are only two games on tap tonight in the "A". Both are Western Conference matchups when Chicago travels to Lake Erie and Grand Rapids goes to San Antonio.
The Falcons return to action Friday night at The Nest when they host the faltering Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:30.