Bizarro Game Day Matchup 26: Video Blue Jackets at Video Oilers
The Video Blue Jackets didn't get much sleep last night, what with the real Blue Jackets' crazy win in Calgary. However, they had no time to complain, and were right back in action again today, ending the Western Canada swing of their Fake Road Trip. It was cautious early, with neither team getting much going in the opening period.
I took concerted steps to be more sound defensively, and to play the man instead of always going for the kill shot. It worked, for the most part.
I can honestly say that the 25-30 video minutes spanning the second period and first portion of the third were some of the most clinical video hockey minutes I've ever played in recent memory. The Video Jackets were relentless. The Video Oilers could do nothing.
Then, something bad happened. I went up a skater, and the computer got jerky. It decided that two sloppy-ass shorties needed to be scored.
I got mad. Video after the jump followed by some game notes. Enjoy!
Final: Blue Jackets 7, Oilers 2 - Game Notes:
- Three Stars: 3. Grant Clitsome, 2. Mark Letestu, 1. Vinny Prospal
- Video Jeff Carter got his world rocked and missed most of this one. The hit looked like it injured him. His walk to the dressing room looked like he had to poop really badly.
- Video Magnus Paajarvi LOVES to cherry-pick.
- I don't know what it is about the past two games and my short-handed goals. The AI apparently really likes to forecheck on the PK, and set up the offense. And apparently my guys do not understand that they have one more skater, and therefore they can actually play defense. Maddening. That said, I think I exacted some revenge for them...
- I thought I did a better job with most of my passing, and my puck cycling. Perhaps the real Jackets can do the same?
Enjoy the game!