Video Blue Jackets at Video Devils
The Video Blue Jackets had a nice bounce-back game against the Video Flames on Monday, and look to head into the US Thanksgiving holiday on another high note. They traveled to the swamps of Virtual New Jersey to take on the Video Devils, and quickly saw that they were going to have to find their road legs in a hurry.
There was some sloppiness on defense, but the top line for the Video Jackets was a force. The focus on transition defense was again at the forefront, but it wasn't quite as sharp as it had been on Monday against the Fake Flames. That said, it was good enough to propel the Fake Jackets to another strong showing!
Video after the jump followed by some game notes. Enjoy!
Final: Blue Jackets 5, Devils 2 - Game Notes:
- Three Stars: 3. Vinny Prospal, 2. Rick Nash, 1. Jeff Carter
- Second straight time I got off to a slow start. Some sloppy play led to a quick goal for the Devils, but the Jackets were able to rally.
- Interesting that the real-life Jeff Carter has scored twice off of turnover/wristers, and his video doppelganger decided it was a great trend to continue.
- The Zach Parise goal was entirely my fault. I got cute in front of the net, and he made me pay for it. Take a lesson, Jackets.
- You had to like Ryan Johansen getting pinched for charging late in the third. I thought he played a real physical game on Monday night, and the trend continued into the video world.
- Seriously, I hope you noticed my commitment to getting better on faceoffs. Anyone? Bueller?
Again, this is all just for fun. That said, anyone else notice that the Jackets are 3-1-1 since I started doing this? I mean, coincidence, right? Right?? Enjoy the game!