There are a lot of reasons to be frustrated with this team, but a quick mental floss for you:
- Both our goaltenders have a winning record. As startling as it seems, it's true!
- The team is actually above .500, even including OT/SO losses - something that was NOT true at this time the last three seasons.
- As was mentioned earlier, the teams have have pushed for the playoffs (or the one successful playoff squad in Columbus' history) typically start making big pushes in January. If the team can get their feet under them in Phoenix and come out punching on the road trips this month, don't be surprised if they take that momentum and build on it for the last half of the season.
- Columbus still has games in hand on all but three teams in the Western conference, two of which (PHX and EDM) are below them in the standings. (The other one is Vancouver - we're probably not going to catch them up.) That means that getting wins in those "extra" games could give the Jackets a good cushion in the playoff race.
- A two game win streak could put this team up in 5th place in the West. A three game win streak could see them challenging for fourth.