After a lengthy absense, Shrapnel has returned! Lets get to work...
- Wednesday's Three Stars from Puck Daddy. The 'yotes get a trick from an unlikely source, a Mason makes 52 saves, and a Devil scores two on an empty net.
- Anaheim recently lost a member of its hockey family. Please join me in mourning the loss of George Parros' mustache. May the memories of this mustache always be happy, and like the phoenix that rises from the ashes, may your return be quick. God speed, dear mustache.
- Take a look at the league standings through Wednesday night. Interesting notes: Looks like Tampa is legit, Toronto is still Toronto, New Jersey (wtf?!) is about as dangerous as a basket of kittens, San Jose and Calgary don't look like the top dogs of old, and the Central division is the toughest in hockey.
- The Ducks have opted to keep Cam Fowler for the season, and not send him back to his junior team. Fowler has played in 7 games scoring 1-2-3 while logging significant ice time for the Ducks blue line.
- Only a few weeks into the season and the rumor mills are churning hard. Will Iggy find a new home if Calgary can't step it up? If needed, is he someone Columbus should look into acquiring? Lets hear it in the comments!
- 10 games into the season, Ryan Kennedy over at The Hockey News looks at a handful of rookies including top draft picks Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin, and some others who have made an impact. Can you guess which Jacket made the list?
- In case you missed it, Alex the Great struck again! Everyone's favorite (or least favorite depending on if you're from Pittsburgh or not) Russian scored twice in 12 seconds this past Saturday as the Caps ruined the Flames 7-2.
- Following up with the Iggy rumors, Cory Lavalette picks the Three Best Fits for the Flames captain, the good news is one of them is a Central division team, bad news is, its not us.
- Finally, the Top 5 plays of the last week of Jackets action.